Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Fa-fa-fa-fa-fashion

Ok, so Brian has convinced me that the wheel has suffered only minor cosmetic damage that can easily be repaired. I breathe a sigh of relief. And head off to one of my favorite places:



Nothing better than a trip to the library to cheer a girl up. Did I mention I love to read? Um, yeah. I do. As in, I'll need several lifetimes to get to everything that's on my various reading lists. As in, I have more boxes of books stored in the basement than I do yarn (and that's a lot). As in, I almost always take out more books from the library than anyone could possibly read in three weeks. Or six, with renewals. I love books. Always have.

I managed to get there 15 minutes before closing.

I meant to only pick up "A Room of One's Own" and "Madness and Sexual Politics" but came away with:


Fashion on the brain, I guess. Too much Project Runway, perhaps?




Footnote #1:

Oddly enough this arrived in the mail today:



Addressed to Brian, no less.


Footnote #2:

EPISODE #7: Everyday Woman. Loved the idea of bringing the designers' moms on as models, but I have to ask, are plus sizes really that much more difficult to design? Beautiful clothes that flatter an ample woman's body may be a challenge but they are certainly possible.


Glad for Vincent, but sorry to see Robert go.

No comments: