Saturday, September 30, 2006

Hot Off the Needles

We have socks!



Lovely kitchenered toe:


Voila!

Details:

Pattern: "Directions for Knitting Socks" (how's that for a catchy name, eh?) by Nancy Bush. This pattern came with two balls of Froehlich Wolle Special Blauband, bought at least ten years ago.

Mods: Kitchenered toes

Yarn: Hand dyed superwash Merino sock yarn from Labadie Looms in Bird-in-Hand, PA. Very much worth the trip. This yarn is quite soft, very strong and I'm glad I have another two balls in variegated oranges to knit up!

Needles
: Addi turbo US 1 circular.

Method: Magic loop.

Comments: These were the socks that I ripped and tinked until I finally gave up on making them toe-up. The magic loop method was fun to learn and there's no worrying about counting rows (yes, I'm picky), but DPNs won't be given up any time soon.

Next up, some wild Meilenweit:

No comments: